OK, so I guess one of these wasn't really an award, I was tagged. I was still super excited though, so I'm going to say it was an award. Alrighty? OK.

So Suzi over at Pink Vanilla Cupcakes tagged me and this is what I have to do:



Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules in your post.
Share 7 random/weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your blog and link to their blogs.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.


Here we go -- this was hard for me to come up with!!

1. My ears stick out BIG time. I was thrown an occasional "Dumbo" in elementary school even. (I'm over it now though! Kinda.) So for all of my 33 years, or at least as long as I can remember, I have been trying to get my hair to cover them. Every. single. time. I go to the salon, I say, can we do a lot of layers to hide these?? I've had long hair all my life until about six months ago when I got it cut fairly short, and it's stayed like that cause it gives my lifeless hair some body and covers the ears.


2. I'm a political junky. Love this time of year!! (Said in a sing song voice.) My family has always been into politics and it's trickled down to me. Election night is a freakin' event in our home, I'm kinda sick with it. I am very passionate about my beliefs, but what's most important to me is that people really learn about the candidates. And I would NEVER bash anyone for their choice. As much as I lean to one side, I would vote for the other side in a heartbeat if I thought the person was capable.

3. I think I'm a very odd, atypical woman. We didn't have a big wedding, in fact, we took three close family members to New York City and got married there. And we planned it that way for months. I had no desire to have a big wedding, or to spend money on a wedding. I'm a freak!! Also, I didn't get married till I was 29 -- and we were together for a LONG time before that. There were many times I wanted to just do it, but now I'm glad we waited. Finally, I do all the painting, woodworking, repairs, etc. in our home. I get it from my Dad and Grandfathers. There is nothing more fun to me than working on our home with my hands and seeing the result.


4. I have SIX siblings, but I was an only child for almost ten years. My parents had my sister right before they divorced, and I have two additional half sisters, a half brother, a stepsister and stepbrother. My Dad loves kids. ;) I love that I've had both -- being an only and now having so many siblings. But on the flip side, Hubby and I will probably not have any more children. Not because we can't, we are just so content with our family as it is right now.

5. I check to see if my curling iron is off and unplugged about ten times before I leave for the day. EVERY time I use it. I used to be a lot worse at this -- I would have to check it more than that. Now I have to look at it, say out loud to myself -- "Sarah, it's off!" and then remember where the plug is laying so I can remind myself of that later on. I have turned around in the car and ran up the stairs many a time to check. Freak, I tell you!! I don't do this with anything else and I swear I'm not OCD!!

6. I've mentioned this here, but I'm a total New Kids on the Block fan. I was originally about, oh....18 years ago or so. And I mean, we were fans. Like -- I'm at a concert in the 350th row, but I know you see me Jonathan, I know you're looking right into my eyes and you're falling in love and you're going to send someone out here to the 350th row to bring me backstage and we're going to fall in love and have 15 kids -- kind of fans. So now that they've reemerged it's been so fun for all of us to reminisce. Shout out to all my fellow NKOTB lovas!!!


7. Geez, this is HARD!! Ummm...well, I have to sleep with about 15 pillows to sleep. (A bit of an exaggeration, yes.) I used to only need two. Then pregnancy happened and I needed about 20. So I'm down from that number. I used to always tell Hubby, don't worry, you'll have room in the bed again after the Bub is born. Nope, sorry 'bout ya Love. Still loving all my pillows.

OK, are you asleep yet?? WAKE UP!! There's MORE!! Yaaaeeeeeee!!

Lynette over at Lynette's L.A.M. Blog was so sweet to give me this:





I have to list six things I value and six I don't:

1. Of course, my sweet husband, my patootie Bub, my stepdaughter, my family and friends. (Like how I snuck about 16 in there?)

2. Our health.

3. Fountain drinks. Ahhhhh...I love me a good, crisp fountain Coke. LOVE 'em!!
4. My time with my son. I am so fortunate that my husband was so willing for me to leave the 9 to 5 world so I could follow my dream of being a decorator. And along with that dream comes a dream work schedule -- I only "work" about 20 hours a week. And I say "work" cause I don't feel like it's work, and the days I work are rarely full. I don't take this lightly -- I feel so completely blessed and fortunate for this life and I thank God every day.

5. This country. I've been lucky enough to travel overseas to some amazing places, but they make me even more thankful for home. I know there are plenty of issues we need to deal with, but this country is great and I feel lucky to be able to live in the USA.

6. Our home. It's not about material things -- but I do love them because they make this house a home. I love everything in our home. (Well, almost!!) But what I love most is the way we feel when we walk in the door. And it's makes my heart smile when a friend tells me how comfy and at home they feel here too.

Things I don't value:

1. People who crinkle in the movie theater, musical, play, whatever. QUIT IT!!! And don't drag it out for five minutes! Just tear the wrapper off the candy and EAT IT!

2. Judgemental people. I learned a long time ago -- as soon as you judge, karma comes around and bites you in the butt!! I have experienced enough in my life to know that you never know what you're going to do until the day you have to do it.

3. People who wave for you to go ahead at a four way stop when you SO OBVIOUSLY STOPPED WAY BEFORE THEM. This drives me nuts. And what's more annoying is that I slow down on purpose to avoid this and people still do it ALL the time. Argh!! (Dangit, why do they have to be so NICE??)

4. The kids who wear their jeans down to their knees. Ew. I just want to go yank them down.

5. Spiders. All I'm going to say about that.

6. Solicitors. Except the cute little Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts!

I have to add one because of the time of year:

7. Kids who are, ohh, I dunno, like 18 who trick or treat?! Or kids who are 18 and trick or treat and don't dress up?!

OK, you can get up from your nap now...I'm done. Did you enjoy your five minute snooze? I've got your back, I know it's been a long day and you needed that. I'm all about YOU!!

So I have to pass this onto some ladies don't I? Here we go:

1. Bella over at Bella Casa.

2. Erin at Shades of Color.

3. Kara at Inspired Kara.

4. Jen at Time Out For Me.



All of these ladies have amazing, creative sites that you must check out! I know I was supposed to pick some for each award (OK, I know one was just a tag!!) but it's late and I'm whooped. I'll let these ladies know tomorrow, but if you get a chance, stop by to see them! And thanks Lynette and Suzi! I'm honored!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top