So I realized I never updated the progress from my island debacle in the kitchen. (My first post.) Turns out, it's held up really well (crossing all fingers) -- even with a toddler in the house. :) It really looks great, and the result is just what I wanted.

I was over all the cherry in the room -- the floors, cabinets, chairs, table and island:

I added some molding to the island and painted it black. Here are some final pics of the room:

Along with the island change, I got new black chairs and now I'm thrilled with everything. (Six chairs were $290 at Garden Ridge -- HOLLA.)

(The flash makes it look a little gray here.) Now I think I want to add some corbels to the island too, to give it a real furniture look. All in all, not too bad -- I feel like I transformed the look of the whole kitchen for less than $330. (That's for six new chairs, paint, and a little molding.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top