Fresh air coming through the windows?

Nah.

Tulips finally poking out of the ground?

HA!

Short sleeves and capris?

Snort.

Noooooooo sillies -- it means we can spray paint outside again!!!!!!!!!!
WOO-HOO!

So let's get this party started!

First of all -- a few of you have asked how to spray paint. My best advice is to use many thin coats and use very short bursts. Don't hold down and spray back and forth -- this is not good. I took a very quick video to show you how I do it:
See how easy it is??

OK, now onto so some of my goodies. I found my Easter tree a few weeks ago and love it...but the more I looked at it the more I thought it looked a little sad:
So I spray painted it white -- the whole thing! I am so excited about this because now I can use it for pretty much any holiday. Can't you just see little hearts hanging from it?:
I showed you our laundry room here. I spray painted the frames, the shelf brackets, the clothespins in the jars and four other items I found at my BFFs...I mean....Goodwill:
This was an unfinished Bub rocking chair I got at Micheal's for $24 -- spray painted it and it's held up great!:I spray paint lamps:
Finials that were U.G.L.Y. until some paint made them look fab:
My consignment shop pear...it is stone and was grey. Uh...who wants a grey pear?? Not me!
Not sure anyone wants a black pear either...Ummm...shut it! Black works for everything!!

I got this beaut at Homegoods last fall. It was a cheese plate thingy. I just spray painted the tray and now it looks less cheesy and more wine cabinety. (NEEDED: more corks!!)

I'll spray paint just about anything. This was the top of a mirror that broke off...I got it for free and painted it. You can see where it broke off on the bottom, but I lurve it!: My candelabra over the tub wasn't just the right color of brown, so five minutes of spray paint and there. you. go.

Here's what I was spray painted in the video -- I'm soooo excited about this! I'm making it into an art caddy for my son. I'll show you the finished product later this week:
Here are some other quick tips:

I use the dollar spray paint you can find just about anywhere for most of my items. If it's wood that needs really good coverage, I use the stuff that's a bit more expensive -- like $4.

ALWAYS get the "fast drying" spray paint. You can get a small item completely finished in 30 minutes if you use this.

If the paint drips, wipe it up immediately and re-spray. If you notice it later, sand it down and spray again.

If the item get crackly when it dries, sand it down and spray paint again.

There you go! If you haven't tried it...now you have no excuse. :)
1. Katie @ Clean and Classic Interiors
2. Mary
3. Amber
4. Infarrantly Creative
5. Fresh Poppy Design
6. DomesticFashionista (birdcages)
7. Domestic Fashionista (chairs)
8. Domestic Fashionista (more chairs)
9. Domestic Fashionista (Plates)
10. Karen
11. Sunshine@Sunshine Design
12. Karla @ It's The Little Things...
13. Cheryl
14. Amber.Filkins--{ae filkins}
15. Terry
16. Rachel @Memories and Mayhem
17. Chrissie Grace
18. Kimba @ A Soft Place to Land (lamps)
19. Kimba @ A Soft Place to Land (rocking chair)
20. June
21. Angi
22. Kristen@The Land of Oz
23. Jana
24. Kimm at Reinvented (headboard)
25. Casa Petrie (birds)
26. Wendy @ the Shabby Nest
27. Ellie ~ The Twins Mama
28. melissa * 320 sycamore (little chalkboard)
29. Carla
30. Jen R-bench
31. Kayla
32. Kendra@My Insanity
33. Stephanie
34. Jill @ BarnesYard
35. Jill (trying again)
36. Shelly @ My Own Little (Sometimes Creative) World
37. Linda Caroline @ Home desk redo
38. Linda Caroline @ Home bookshelf
39. Abbi@My Garden Of Eden (side tables)
40. Molly @ A Bit O' Shine
41. Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam (little of everything)
42. Jennifer @ The Apple Grove
43. Megan
44. Jennifer
45. Rachel@ I'm Telling...
46. Victoria@WhimsybyVictoria
47. Megan
48. Kim @ TIBTF
49. Rebecca
50. Nina
51. Jill (Pumpkins)
52. Jill (jewelry box)
53. Megan@making house a home
54. So Not Martha
55. Holly@Homebody(Dollar Store Decor)
56. Toni Roberts @ Design DAZZLE
57. Kristi
58. Rachelle -Old dresser
59. Heather @ Paper Princess Chronicles
60. kari & kijsa (fabulous plastic frame re-dos)
61. Rachelle- Old shelf redo
62. Angie ( Craft Room )
63. Vivienne
64. Molly @ A Bit O' Shine part II
65. Carla, part 2
66. Kathleen @ Everyday Ellis
67. Julie@Spray Paint and a Glue Gun
68. Jen@ raising granola
69. Gina @ Moneywise Moms
70. Erin
71. Vivienne @ The V Spot
72. Custom Nursery Art by Kimberly
73. Lila's Pockets (Everything is Spray Painted Here!)
74. Sherrie-faux stone counters
75. Char
76. Michelle McClure
77. Stacia @ Living Our Love Song
78. Shabby Chic- Dresser
79. Katie
80. Kate
81. Molly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top