Rajee Sood

Rajee Sood
is a very talented blogger and a home-maker who lives with her husband and two lovely girls Aimee and Sarah in Navi Mumbai. Today she shares a few corners from her very elegant home with us.

The drawing room corner where Rajee sits and works on the laptop while enjoying the whole house with just the light from the table lamps.



Rajee describes her home as very urbane. The style throughout is an eclectic mix of European, ethnic Indian and a bit of orientalia.

Her coffee table, the center of her life in the house, always has flowers on it.



Rajee adds "It has to have some of my candles. Almost as if to say my coffee table reflects my moods"

Latest edition of Architectural digest and some recent books picked by the family.



She believes that her home is very subtly evolving with the comfort they look for in their home, with the things they collect, places they've lived, and the family as it grows.

One of the side tables in the drawing room , a lovely little flower arrangement of the latest blooms from her pots, the floribunda roses and hydrangea leaves.



Rajee says, "The strongest influence for my home and me has been California …a few years stint in San Francisco, opened me to a whole new aesthetics of designing with my eastern influences and western sensibilities. It gives me the calm and satisfaction I look for in my space."

Rajee's older girl Aimee snoozing with her teddy in the dining- drawing area.

Old project still underway, photos of three generations of her family.

The crockery unit. Rajee had this made centered around the carved panel from Rajasthan, it now houses her complete glassware, barware and crockery.

Dining area

A lovely corner with blue and white pottery.

Rajee, "My bedside~ another oriental table in my collection, with a Buddha, blue and white pottery piece from Rajasthan filled in with my husbands coin collection. I especially love the Chinese jar I bought at a San Francisco flea market, while antiquing one lazy weekend. A print of Thakur Singh's work."

Red crewelwork pillows and one of Rajee's own artwork in the back ground.



The antique silverware, the gerberas, the gorgeous furnishings and blue pottery blend so well into her unique urbane space.



Thanks for sharing these lovely corners from your home, your world, Rajee!



Do visit her stylish blog Rajee Sood.



P.S~ If you have any questions for Rajee about her home, please ask in the comments section so she can reply to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top