Happy Friday to you! Only a week till the end of the month and Halloween, can you believe it? I can’t. We’ve had our Halloween decor up outside for a while but because I’ve been focused so much on DIY projects lately we haven’t gotten to much on the inside.

I think the Halloween decor is fun but for the past few years we’ve just had it out for a week or so – any more than that and I start to feel overwhelmed by all the extra stuff. Last night we grabbed all the bins and I just let the Bub have at it. I let him put stuff wherever he wanted and we decided on a few things together. He had a blast decorating the main floor!

Since we don’t have the decor out long I always go cheap for Halloween – and I like doing things in numbers. The dollar store crows are now perched in the bathroom:

easy halloween decor

And the big dollar store googly eyes watch from the toilet:

googly eyes Halloween

We giggled like little kids when we finished putting those up. Well, he is a little kid, but I giggled like him.

I made these letters years ago – they’re just mdf craft letters and I covered them in Halloween paper:

BOO letters

So easy, so simple, so cheap!!

These little spooky votives are still one of my favorite Halloween projects:

Halloween votive craft

You can see how I did them here. Again, less than $10 for all of them easy.

We have a bunch of creepy sparkly spiders (sparkly spiders are the scariest, of course) so I stuck them on the wall in the foyer:

spiders Halloween decor

Gotta admit, they freak me out. I added them to the leaves of our new fiddle leaf and I think I’m going to have to take them off. I can only handle so much.

We have a lot of skeletons. I think they look pretty funny resting up against everyday stuff:

sparkly skeletons

Like, oh hello…just a skeleton hanging out. Chillin. This one finds something really funny or he’s terrified. I’m going with funny.

His friend outside is a funny guy too:

sparkly skeleton

I can’t remember where I got him but I know it was another clearance sale – I think maybe at Joann’s?

I especially love paper decor at this time of year. It’s inexpensive and hardly takes up any storage space – bonus! I picked up these creepy paper hands on clearance last year:

black interior door

They look smashing on the new black door. ;)

We use paper bats everywhere and I usually like to put them in one spot for more impact:

paper bats on wall

But the kiddo wanted to put them up all over so that’s what he did. I must admit it’s pretty cute to see them randomly flying around the house. There’s a few of them on the stairway, along with the infamous mice:

mice on stairs Halloween

After Mousegate I wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to put them up again, for real. But time heals all memories of mice in your house, right? They are pretty cute and they’ve become a tradition for us. :)

I’ve seen the idea of attaching googly eyes to photos and started it on the pictures on the stairs but our son HATED it. Like, hated. I stopped at two pictures – he’s right, it is pretty creepy looking. But pretty hilarious too.

Do you decorate your home for Halloween? How long do you have your decor up? I just love that my boy is still into it and wants to do it – it will be a sad day for me when he doesn’t.

You can see all of my easy and inexpensive Halloween decor through the years here. Have a GREAT weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top