Hey there! Happy Friday all! Hope you have a lovely weekend planned!

I’ve been meaning to catch you up with some issues we (bloggers/businesses in general) are having with Facebook. Quite a few of you have mentioned you don’t see my updates anymore and the reason is that Facebook has changed the way they do things.

Capture

I used to reach about a third to sometimes half of my friends on FB when I updated, say with a link to a post. Now, I’m lucky if reaches ten percent of you. It’s a major bummer.

Thing is, they want us to pay (each time we update) to reach even a percentage of you, even though you already follow our pages. It’s the same for everybody – I have followed Dave Ramsey on my personal FB page for years now and have seen one or two updates out of hundreds in the past few months.

They really stifle our updates when we include a photo or a link to something. So that’s why I’ve started adding my link to the comments. :) I’m sure they’ll change the algorithms again and make it so even that doesn’t work, but for now we’re all trying to see what helps.

Sooo…if you would LIKE to see more of my updates, there’s a few things you can do!

First, go to the “liked” button and hover over it:

Click “Get Notifications” on the dropbox.

Then, make sure “Show in Newsfeed” is checked.

You can also set up “Interest Lists” to set up a specific list of sites you want to follow on FB – almost like a Facebook Reader. :) Just click on “Add to Interest Lists,” then click “New List,” and go up to “Pages” to find pages you have followed that you can add to the list.

After you are done your different lists will show up on the left sidebar of your FB page.

It’s really super easy and takes just a few seconds. I’ve done it with every page I want to follow. Cause when I clicked “Like” that first time it was because I wanted to see their updates. Grrr.

You can get to my page here if you want to make the changes.

Anyhoo, that should help if you’ve noticed you don’t see updates from your favorite blogs and businesses anymore.

And on another social media note – I’ve finally bit the bullet and joined Instagram. I’m SO WITH IT. Watch out, you can’t keep up with me!! You can see what I’m up to by searching thriftydecorchick or going here

Just wanted to let you know about the Facebook change and a way to still see those you want to see. And if you don’t want to see us, welllllll, just leave it. :)

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top