So if you follow me on Twitter, I took you along on my trip through a few antique stores today. My friend Jen told me about the great shops in Pendleton, Indiana, and I have been waiting weeks for the right time to take a few hours to head out there.

They did not disappoint! It was so fun, I wish you could all go with me! Well, not all of you. We'd be sure to break something, all thousands of us. (Uh, that's nuts, by the way.)

I wanted to show you some of the stuff I loved. These were toothpick holders:
Oh. my. goodness. gracious, they were adorable. That amber one on the corner to the left, I picked up about eight times. But they were $10 each, and I only use toothpicks when I bake, and I only bake, like, uhhhhh...

Well, let's just say it's not worth the $10.

I loved the color of these Ball jars:
The owner of the shop told me that the Ball jars with the number 13 are worth much more, because in the "olden days" the women would break those with a 13 on them because they were superstitious. Then during prohibition, the men who would drink out of these jars wouldn't use the 13 jars either. I mean, how cool is that? I love hearing the history behind items like these.

I am a sucker for old, chunky corbels:
These were $22 each, but I found one for $9.99. Awwww yeah...

You've probably seen these in the Pottery Barn catalog:

Psssst...they are cheaper at antique stores. You didn't hear it from me. I absolutely LOVE them. I would do the Pepsi case cause I'm a Pepsi girl, but they just don't go with my decor. I really want one for the deck, but until they make one in brown, green and rust, it just isn't going to work for me. Gah. I'm weird like that, I know.

So what did I get?? Squeal! I can't wait to show you! I saw this key tray in the first shop, and I knew it must be mine:
The sides are large keys. I am fairly sure it is not antique, but that's what you get with antique shops -- some "real" stuff, some not, some junk. All I know is I love it! It holds my skeleton keys.

This milk glass compote is the biggest I've seen and I just adore it:
I'm finding myself more and more attracted to these white pretties. And it was only $4! I thought the tag was wrong for sure. For now, I threw in some hydrangeas, but I see many possibilities with this one.

Look at the pretty detail!
This little clock was $5, and I just think it's a perfect little accent:

Often I find I will spend more at certain stores that I wouldn't spend at others -- do you do this? Like I doubt I would have paid $5 for this little clock at Goodwill, but because it was at an antique shop, (even though it may not be an antique), I did? I'm an odd bird.

My most fabulous find had me skipping! SKIPPING people. I went back through one shop for a second look, and really took my time. I don't know how I missed this the first time through:
A beautiful, large, cedar chest! For only FORTY BUCKS. I could not believe my eyes. I mean, this is a good deal, right? I have no idea how much these are worth. The stain is lovely, but I will redo the top, just not sure what I'll do:
It is GORG. I thought I knew where I wanted to put it, but I think I may try something move some things around and experiment...stay tuned. How should I clean the cedar? Can I wipe it down with cleaning wipes, or should I use something specific? I am new to cedar. ;)

I treated myself to this excursion today because I am finally caught up on my consultations! So if you have sent pictures and have not heard from me, I didn't get them -- just let me know. I so enjoy working with you all and getting you excited about your homes! I love it!

I will not be taking any new consults until I've finished all of those who have paid for one but haven't sent their info yet -- I'll let ya'll know when I'm ready to start up again! And at that point I'm going to take a certain amount a month, just for my own sanity. ;) I'll let you know the details soon my Squeezies. (If you have e-mailed me about a consult, please go ahead and send your info!)

Fun announcements coming up soon...can't wait to share with you! Squeal! (And again, no, I am not pregnant.) :)
ann

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top